INTERVIEWS WITH BUSINESSES and EXPERTS
Power of Business is wrapping up our Cyber Security Awareness series with a Friday 15 devoted to helping you protect your customers! Having a presence online is the new business standard but your customers have been barraged with warnings about the dangers of doing business online. You, the business owner, have a responsibility to act responsibly to protect their information and assure them that doing business with you is a great option. Join Power of Business contributors Mary Peabody (UVM) and Steve Hadcock (Cornell) for an overview on steps to take to keep your customers’ information safe.
Power of Business is kicking off Cyber Security Awareness Month with a Friday 15 devoted to helping you protect your business! Having a presence online is the new business standard but without the proper attention you, or an employee, can tank your business in just one click. Join Power of Business contributors Mary Peabody (UVM) and Steve Hadcock (Cornell) for an overview on what the risks are, tips to keep your business and your customers safe and where to find resources to help.
Culture can make or break a business. Kathy Bourque from Rock Your Culture, Ogallala, Nebraska. shared tips on making sure your business aspects live up to your marketing! She offered good customer service by not forgetting that your employees are your customers as well.
Learn tips and tools to help food-based (and any other small business) entrepreneurs take an objective view of the marketing channels they use for their products.
Glenn and Connie sharing great information that need to understand more about
Tracy, discusses the road she took that today finds her three-year old business thriving with sales in four states. Learn how she overcame having no food manufacturing experience and having to financially “bootstrap” her business in order to get started.
Interested in Twitter parties. Then watch Alyssa talk about setting them up and how effective they can be for your business.
Taking the Leap – Going from Hobby to Entrepreneur – Becky Mannon, Kimball, Nebraska from Bears-N-Woods shares what was the determining factor for her to go full time with her memory bears.
- Building a Local Food Coop – challenges and successes by Heidi Demars – BisMan Food Coop
- Commitment to sustainable agriculture – Brown’s Ranch
- Friends start business – sharing thoughts of what worked – Hudson Valley Distillery
- Attracting and keeping customers and what it means to be a ‘green’ agritourism business – Liberty Hill Farm
- Marketing and selling – retail versus wholesale – Ogallala Bay Rum – John Marquis
- Differences in running a burger place versus a upscale restaurant – Harvest Brazilian Grille – Edgar Oliveira
- Small Business Week –
- Creating on Online Community – Jerry Buchko shares tips on how to be successful
- Tips for going online just got easier by Courtney Rodgers! Real life experiences how to go about getting your business online!